It is a daunting proposition to keep a house clean especially when it is listed. Here are some easy tips and simple tasks that will assist you in staying on top of it and never letting it get to the point where it becomes too overwhelming. If you can spend a little time each day cleaning and organizing, you will avoid those awful full day, top to bottom, deep cleans that we all hate.
- Living Room: If you have carpet, remember to dust after you vacuum, this will make the room look fresh. Clutter needs to be kept at bay so think about utilizing a storage ottoman or basket. If things start piling up, hide them away until you can find them permanent homes.
- Kitchen: You must keep it up as you go. When cooking a meal, remember to fill the sink with hot soapy water, that way you can drop the dirty pots, pans and dishes in there. These dirty dishes will soak while you and the family enjoy dinner and makes clean up less stressful.
- Bathroom: We are to everyone’s lease favorite chore. There are wonderful cleaning wipes that can be kept under the sink. A quick wipe of the surfaces (toilet, sink and vanity) plus a little sweep of the floor will keep everything nice and shiny without spending hours of scrubbing.
- Bedroom: Remember to wash your sheets every week to ten days – you will enjoy it plus it will make the room seem much fresher. A clean bed can change the entire feel of your bedroom. Do not forget to make your bed every day, you never know when the Realtor might need to show it!.
- Laundry Room: Folding laundry is typically boring, so most of the time it doesn’t happen. Instead of focusing solely on that one task, do more than one thing. Listen to music, catch up with an old friend on the phone, etc. Give yourself a few minutes to yourself to do something you enjoy and your chores will be more likely to get done.